Bedding Howa Mini?
#4
grayfox Wrote:my juice was pam spray (the name brand btw!!). in either case spray everything you don't want to get sticky... DIP, bolts, interior bolt holes, trigger lay-in area -- everything, and a little over b/c it will spread out a bit more than whatever you think.

edit to add, but I thought (not an expert mind you) that in terms of sequence it was best to do the pillars first, then then bed... but I could be wrong on that... thought I read that or got that impression somewhere.

Yes, everything that I have read or watched on bedding an action says to do the pillars first. My guess is that they establish a solid base for the action to rest on while the epoxy hardens. And bye the way, after the pillar epoxy has started to harden, check that you can get the action bolts to line up and start threading into the action. Lesson learned the hard way.

I preassemble the whole rifle before applying any epoxy. Good time to check that the rounds feed properly, its a real bummer trying to adjust things after the epoxy has hardened. Just my 2cnts worth if it matters.
"A Patriot must always be ready to defend his Country against his government"
Edward Abbey

"Stay out of trouble, Never give up, Never give in, Watch you're six, Hold the line, Stay Frosty."
Dr. Sabastian Gorka, Hungarian by birth, American Patriot by Beliefs.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Bedding Howa Mini? - by daved20319 - 09-17-2019, 06:16 PM
Bedding Howa Mini? - by A5BLASTER - 09-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Bedding Howa Mini? - by grayfox - 09-17-2019, 07:35 PM
Bedding Howa Mini? - by Sinclair - 09-17-2019, 08:41 PM
Bedding Howa Mini? - by Lemonaid - 09-17-2019, 08:53 PM
Bedding Howa Mini? - by daved20319 - 09-18-2019, 03:35 PM
Bedding Howa Mini? - by grayfox - 09-18-2019, 07:07 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)