09-16-2019, 05:00 PM
I haven't broke one yet. But do keep spares well let's face it it's a part designed to break.
I have run my 16 inch very hard, harder then you were running yours. I have done multiple 28 round mag dumps, had the barrel hot enough I bet I could have lite my cig off of it.
I run adjustable gas and lowmass bcg's plus square the reciver just for this reason. Keeps the bolt lugs locking up square and reduces the gas needed to drive the action and that reduces wear greatly.
I would have to check my log book but I'm north of 5000 rounds now on that barrel and I'm positive 4500 are a lil more of that is wolf ammo.
I would square your reciver and drop in a lowmass bcg and adjustable gas add a new bolt and keep on rocking that bad boy.
I have run my 16 inch very hard, harder then you were running yours. I have done multiple 28 round mag dumps, had the barrel hot enough I bet I could have lite my cig off of it.
I run adjustable gas and lowmass bcg's plus square the reciver just for this reason. Keeps the bolt lugs locking up square and reduces the gas needed to drive the action and that reduces wear greatly.
I would have to check my log book but I'm north of 5000 rounds now on that barrel and I'm positive 4500 are a lil more of that is wolf ammo.
I would square your reciver and drop in a lowmass bcg and adjustable gas add a new bolt and keep on rocking that bad boy.

