09-16-2019, 12:38 AM
Need some advice on which way to go.
I had my rig out today, after disassembly, remounting the barrel, etc.
I am shooting a Odin works 20? 1-8 and a vortex scope.
After finding that my accuracy is roughly 3-5? @ app, with both black and the sst hornady ammo, I decided to mount a different scope.
I had two groups roughly 2-1/2? with the black ammo.
I came home and tore the gun apart, only to find that the vortex scope had slid in the mounts. This was after I bought the FAT wrench and tightened them to 17# with blue Loctite.
This may explain the initial issues, but not the issues with the second proven optic, nor would it explain the first outing that was horrible to say the least. The scope was hand tightened on the first outing, as I always have, but I wanted to reset it by the books and it moved. Reassembly included warming the upper and thermofitting the barrel extension with .002? shims. This left me with about .0005 interference fit.
Would you just send both the vortex and Odin back for review?
I had my rig out today, after disassembly, remounting the barrel, etc.
I am shooting a Odin works 20? 1-8 and a vortex scope.
After finding that my accuracy is roughly 3-5? @ app, with both black and the sst hornady ammo, I decided to mount a different scope.
I had two groups roughly 2-1/2? with the black ammo.
I came home and tore the gun apart, only to find that the vortex scope had slid in the mounts. This was after I bought the FAT wrench and tightened them to 17# with blue Loctite.
This may explain the initial issues, but not the issues with the second proven optic, nor would it explain the first outing that was horrible to say the least. The scope was hand tightened on the first outing, as I always have, but I wanted to reset it by the books and it moved. Reassembly included warming the upper and thermofitting the barrel extension with .002? shims. This left me with about .0005 interference fit.
Would you just send both the vortex and Odin back for review?

