Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Short throat issue, rifle wont chamber anything with a COAL over 2.245
#25
TreeTopFlier Wrote:This really seems to be a problem with this chamber. I had one that was replaced under warranty. Same thing, Sierra 120gr hpbt would jam in the lands at mag length.

I wonder if the "compound" throat is hard to get right because this problem seems to be epidemic.

I should also say the head space on this barrel was fine.
TTF

The chamber on that one was not in spec. Sadly there is at least one reamer maker who makes out of spec reamers and doesn't seem to care. Given some of the rough chambers I've seen outside of throating issues many barrel makers/finishers seem to use (or abuse) their reamers way past their usable life span. http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...asurements
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Short throat issue, rifle wont chamber anything with a COAL over 2.245 - by FRB6.5 - 09-15-2019, 10:49 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)