Extraction problem AGAIN
#16
KS, I started with JB paste, but it was evident I needed something more. Didn't have any 600 on hand, so the 400 and then light polish.
FRB, I think you're right. I expected that drilling the port to .096 from .094 would make more difference than it did. But it appears it was enough to help. Probably have to clean the chamber a little more often than my other black rifle in .223W.
LRR, Yes, I didn't want to get it so slick the case couldn't "grip" it. I've measured base to ogive a number of times with the 123 SST, and the oal comes out to a tad over 2.265. I load by the ogive measurement where the oal is 2.248-2.250. Was definitely a tight chamber. I didn't notice it in the beginning because the oem ammo had enough power to cycle and rip the case out, but not damage the brass to a noticeable extent. I started having the problem when I started shooting my hand loads, which were weaker. The extractor I replaced looked to have a lot of wear for the low round count(less than 500). Maybe from having to pull the stuck cases out. The vendor I bought it from test fired it with a hundred or so Wolf steel cartridges. The ones I have measure about .002 smaller at the base than the sst's, so they did not stick, and maybe contributed to the early wearof the extractor ???
I used the 4 coil spring and insert from sprinco, and did not install the o'ring. I could tell the spring was much stronger than the original one and didn't want to put any more stress than needed on the other components. Thanks for your reply and willingness to share experience with those of us new to the Grendel. Gary
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by FRB6.5 - 09-10-2019, 03:58 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by A5BLASTER - 09-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by lazyengineer - 09-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by VASCAR2 - 09-10-2019, 05:04 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by Lemonaid - 09-10-2019, 06:36 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by CJW - 09-10-2019, 07:48 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-11-2019, 12:04 AM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by Kswhitetails - 09-12-2019, 09:23 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-13-2019, 01:42 AM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by Mad Charlie - 09-13-2019, 02:06 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-13-2019, 02:17 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by Kswhitetails - 09-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by FRB6.5 - 09-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by LRRPF52 - 09-13-2019, 08:14 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-13-2019, 08:44 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-21-2019, 02:49 AM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by FRB6.5 - 09-21-2019, 03:48 AM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by -Justin- - 09-21-2019, 04:56 AM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by A5BLASTER - 09-21-2019, 07:41 AM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-21-2019, 03:27 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by A5BLASTER - 09-21-2019, 04:04 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by FRB6.5 - 09-21-2019, 04:53 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-22-2019, 01:50 AM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by Kswhitetails - 09-22-2019, 01:54 AM
Extraction problem AGAIN - by gwtx - 09-22-2019, 03:00 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)