09-10-2019, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a few modifications and adjustments have been made. If I read that right, there was some filing done upon the extractor? Sounds like the gas system has now been modified as well. What brand rifle is this?
If it were me, I'd pull out and replace the extractor, the spring, and the little O-ring around the spring. Make sure it's stiff: you shouldn't be able to easily move the extractor with your thumb.
Also, in my experience, ARComp can be a funny powder. I've seen it short-stroke in rifle length gas systems in .223 with heavies; both on me and on others.
If it were me, I'd pull out and replace the extractor, the spring, and the little O-ring around the spring. Make sure it's stiff: you shouldn't be able to easily move the extractor with your thumb.
Also, in my experience, ARComp can be a funny powder. I've seen it short-stroke in rifle length gas systems in .223 with heavies; both on me and on others.

