09-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Lemonaid: The mag well is mostly plastic or plastic coated so I opted to modify a magazine rather than mod that well channel. Mags are cheaper to replace than a Ruger part if a messed up.
Blaster: the rounds aren't binding going into the chamber. The binding is in how they are stripped from the magazine when throwing the bolt forward. (I can drop a cartridge into the chamber and push the bolt closed as easy with a RAP as I can with a Rem 700). The issue is in how the RAP strips off rounds. Some jam. Some strip hard but chamber. the last one always strips as it should due to less spring tension as long as the magazine isn't canted due to slop. There is nothing wrong with the chamber. There is a lot wrong in how Ruger threw these Grendel Bolt Actions out using AR magazines. Their tolerances are all over the place. I have seen mine and one other Grendel RAP at the range and we see the same thing. Slop in the mags. But both of us see good accuracy and potential in this gun but the bolt and magazine interaction are very suspect. 150 to 200 more dollars buys a Howa or CZ in 6.5 Grr and had I not had my RAP delivered way under MSRP, the CZ or Howa is the way to go. But I'll get mine running like it should have left the factory eventually. Just shouldn't have to do what I have had to do with a new gun.
Blaster: the rounds aren't binding going into the chamber. The binding is in how they are stripped from the magazine when throwing the bolt forward. (I can drop a cartridge into the chamber and push the bolt closed as easy with a RAP as I can with a Rem 700). The issue is in how the RAP strips off rounds. Some jam. Some strip hard but chamber. the last one always strips as it should due to less spring tension as long as the magazine isn't canted due to slop. There is nothing wrong with the chamber. There is a lot wrong in how Ruger threw these Grendel Bolt Actions out using AR magazines. Their tolerances are all over the place. I have seen mine and one other Grendel RAP at the range and we see the same thing. Slop in the mags. But both of us see good accuracy and potential in this gun but the bolt and magazine interaction are very suspect. 150 to 200 more dollars buys a Howa or CZ in 6.5 Grr and had I not had my RAP delivered way under MSRP, the CZ or Howa is the way to go. But I'll get mine running like it should have left the factory eventually. Just shouldn't have to do what I have had to do with a new gun.

