Klem,
I don?t have a clue as to why the bullet stopped half way down the barrel. I was not shooting solids, shooting my regular cup and core practice bullet. Very light bullet 235 grain Speer Hot Core.
I have shot many, many rounds of big bore guns with Trail Boss and have not ever had a problem. For a very long time I?ve used TB to practice in my Lott, .416 Rigby and 375 H&H.
Basically you just fill the case up with TB and shoot.
Something happened this time, not sure what.
Spent an hour on the phone with Hodgdon trying to figure it out. They said that it was impossible for that to happen and that I must have been shooting a heavy solid.
I was reloading at the range, only had TB and Speer 235’s with me.
My gunsmith got the round out.
This scared the Shite out of me. I still have 16 lbs of TB in my basement. If any Horde member wants them they are yours for free.
Chuck
I don?t have a clue as to why the bullet stopped half way down the barrel. I was not shooting solids, shooting my regular cup and core practice bullet. Very light bullet 235 grain Speer Hot Core.
I have shot many, many rounds of big bore guns with Trail Boss and have not ever had a problem. For a very long time I?ve used TB to practice in my Lott, .416 Rigby and 375 H&H.
Basically you just fill the case up with TB and shoot.
Something happened this time, not sure what.
Spent an hour on the phone with Hodgdon trying to figure it out. They said that it was impossible for that to happen and that I must have been shooting a heavy solid.
I was reloading at the range, only had TB and Speer 235’s with me.
My gunsmith got the round out.
This scared the Shite out of me. I still have 16 lbs of TB in my basement. If any Horde member wants them they are yours for free.
Chuck

