09-05-2019, 03:36 AM
gun for gun the 788 is more accurate than the 700, though either can be made to shoot well with some TLC and a good barrel and bedding There are tons more parts aailable for the 700 than the old 788 which has not been manufactured in over 35 years. Back in the day a lot of competition shooters used the 788 action for it's fast lock time and general accuracy.
Fining a chassis type stock will be an issue but who knows I do not. I will just be happy with mine the way they are for now all 4 are sub MOA shooters and the 7mm-08 is sub half MOA from the factory ( I bought it new in 1982 for 209 out the door)
I still might do something with the 223 one day but not sure what yet
Fining a chassis type stock will be an issue but who knows I do not. I will just be happy with mine the way they are for now all 4 are sub MOA shooters and the 7mm-08 is sub half MOA from the factory ( I bought it new in 1982 for 209 out the door)
I still might do something with the 223 one day but not sure what yet

