09-02-2019, 05:05 PM
I found the exact opposite to be true; my Howa does ok (1moa) with factory ammo; and handloads are fantastic.
First question is what are your rifle specs? Are you using the original Howa stock, factory barrel light or "heavy"?
Next questions are related to your reloading specs; brass, sizing / seating dies, what are you measuring in your process and how?
If your rifle is shooting factory better than handloads, I wonder if it's not something in your handload process?
In my experience handloading, I've found a few process steps I was doing that wasn't beneficial to accuracy and I found a few process steps that are critical to accuracy. Those step differences are not the same between AR and Bolt rifle.
-Mac
First question is what are your rifle specs? Are you using the original Howa stock, factory barrel light or "heavy"?
Next questions are related to your reloading specs; brass, sizing / seating dies, what are you measuring in your process and how?
If your rifle is shooting factory better than handloads, I wonder if it's not something in your handload process?
In my experience handloading, I've found a few process steps I was doing that wasn't beneficial to accuracy and I found a few process steps that are critical to accuracy. Those step differences are not the same between AR and Bolt rifle.
-Mac

