08-22-2019, 04:18 AM
Former Cav Wrote:I bought a bear creek arsenal 18 inch upper with 1 in 8 twist barrel. I put Mag pul MBUS PRO sights on it, Shot some black label hornaday 123 grain bullets (about a buck a round) and they are basically 1 inch at 100 yards. the upper cost about 190 bucks. the sights were around 100 bucks. I have a Larue 17 round magazine, a C products 10 rounder and 26 rounder. They were about 20 bucks each.Is there a deal in here or am I missing something.
I've been working up loads using 8208, Varget, and BL-C2 so far with the 120 ELD hornaday bullets. Got one load that is 1 inch.
Next up is test loads for 123 SST bullets using AR comp powder.
I hope to get a good group of about 1/2 inch. I am used to 1/2 inch or LESS as I used to shoot prairie dogs.
this is my first experience with the Grendel round.
I have a target grade Rock River rifle that I am using the lower with this upper. It has a timney trigger.
Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.
Mark Twain
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail
Mark Twain
http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthrea...-Whitetail

