Putting together a Grendel bolt gun on a Bighorn action
#6
I have a 26" barrel and a long throat, and I still can't beat the Dashers at 600 or 1,000yds, either ballistically or in fact.

I would be very interested to watch Your build in detail, but in My world it is an expensive build. That's OK, we can do what we want with our money. IMO, a target rifle is not a good hunting rifle, and a hunting rifle is not a good target rifle. I have hunted from a stand with a 15# rifle, but I also have a 7# carbide for walking (real hunting Rolleyes).

Shooting equipment bought new, retail, is not a good monetary investment. It's often sold for 50% or less of retail price. An example is, one can find $7,000 bench rest rifles used, for $2,500 dollars.

As far a My definition of target shooting...I can bang steel with a Stevens200 action and a 300 dollar perfit barrel, or I can go for small groups and/or high scores, which requires Bighorn actions and purpose spun high end barrels.

Again, I will be very interested to watch Your build, and hope this may help in Your decision making Cool
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Putting together a Grendel bolt gun on a Bighorn action - by FW Conch - 08-04-2019, 12:46 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)