Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mag fed loads not grouping well
#28
dsmless Wrote:I just out of curiosity while at the range I single fed each round, I did notice that the groupings were 3 touching, while magazine fed they were not touching and the group was 1 inch in size. This is all at 100yds on the front tripod and rear bag. Using Hornaday black ammo.
I think however that while I single feed I do take longer to set the shot up and this helped me not rush the shot. While magazine feeding I felt obligated to fire the next shot faster because I knew there was one in the chamber waiting to bet touched off.


I tried the same with my mosin as I put a new scope on it and needed to sight in ,and the same happened. My 2 shot groups single feeding were touching. This was at 50yds with 150g SP PPU ammo. On this rifle I do have a timney trigger so this also helps. I loaded 3 rounds in the 5 round magazine and the groups did not touch, I guess for myself the knowing that a round is there and reay to be touched off makes me "rush" the basics of marksmanship and causes my groups to be not as tight. This is good as I will need to work on this aspect of my shooting that I never would have noticed if not for this thread.

Try replacing the tripod with a front bag and take about 10 dry shots before fireing any live ammo. Helps build the position.

I get trigger happy as well sometimes just got to breath,slow down and focus on fundamentals and follow through.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-25-2019, 01:59 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by lazyengineer - 07-25-2019, 02:39 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by VASCAR2 - 07-25-2019, 01:03 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Gusmeister - 07-25-2019, 03:21 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 07-25-2019, 03:23 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-25-2019, 04:26 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Gusmeister - 07-25-2019, 05:24 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by VASCAR2 - 07-25-2019, 06:28 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by VASCAR2 - 07-25-2019, 06:31 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by lazyengineer - 07-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Klem - 07-25-2019, 09:19 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by FLshooter - 07-25-2019, 11:00 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-26-2019, 02:24 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Klem - 07-26-2019, 04:45 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Lemonaid - 07-26-2019, 06:38 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-26-2019, 01:39 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-26-2019, 01:42 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Sinclair - 07-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-27-2019, 03:32 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 07-27-2019, 04:48 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LR1955 - 07-27-2019, 12:05 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by grayfox - 07-27-2019, 02:45 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by grayfox - 07-27-2019, 02:46 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 07-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by dsmless - 08-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 08-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by tgad2 - 08-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 08-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Jakal - 08-03-2019, 05:55 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Warlock - 08-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Warlock - 08-06-2019, 05:36 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by dsmless - 08-20-2019, 12:50 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by brian y - 08-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Former Cav - 08-22-2019, 03:41 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-25-2019, 03:11 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)