Msalm Wrote:I think I’ve voided every stock warranty on well over 30-40 B&C stock then and none of them fit custom barrel profiles with any kind of straight shank ahead of the action (sporter barrels). To me opening the barrel channel is not a big deal and I think I’ve done so on every Bell and Carlson stock I’ve ever purchased. Bedding corrects any messed up alignment issues. Last one I did I had to mill some of the bedding block out as it was crooked in the stock. Once bedded no issues and the rifle shoots perfectly.
Wrap a tape bushing around the barrel at the forend tip after opening up channel. Adjust # of wraps until all is flat and plum. I use action screws with tape bushing so they are a snug fit through the stock holes for centered alignment and bed the action. Works every time. I’ll be happy when a decent lightweight stock finally gets introduced for these rifles. They are great little guns.
I agree, but if I buy a $300 stock I’d like for the action screws to mate to the action and if they won’t sanding the barrel channel wouldn’t be the reason. You could not bolt the action to the stock. The spacing was wrong and the front was canted. I had 5 short action Remingtons and none could be bolted into the stock.
I drilled everything out and redid the pillars, bedded the action and the rifle shoots great.
Pretty much every bolt gun I own I’ve bedded.
I own several B&C stocks and I really like them. This one was just a problem child I guess.

