02-15-2012, 03:13 AM
Cbubac Wrote:Alright guys I'm feeling I should ask the next question, and I am in now way trying to steer the thread in a different direction. What would be a good factory load to run for 5 shot groups punching paper. I am a competent shooter with 20 yrs experience since my 1st pellet gun but am now worried about using 6.5 Grendel factory loaded rounds. I'm a noob to the caliber, not the gun and have plans to bench rest out to 800 yards with my currently available range. For those not reading the previous post its a 24" ".264 lbc" Thanks in advance and I really appreciate such an active thread, I've learned quite a bit in the last few days.
Also does the difference in the chambers the .264 lbc is a wildcat.
Corey
You should have no problems shooting 6.5 Grendel factory rounds. I'd recommend starting with the Hornady "factory" 123 A-Max. If you get the itch to reload, my .264 has a preference for 8208 XBR. It likes the Amaxes and does OK with 108 Scenars (see an earlier post about seating dies). I haven't tried anything lighter. I have a box of 123 SMKs I'm going to try out when I finish some other projects. Hogdon's website has a web based loading guide that will give you a decent starting point. Just start low and work up. So far, mine seems like loads a bit under max.
It will consistently put 5 amaxes into 1/2 inch at 100 and would, I think, do better with a more talented finger on the trigger. I wish I could testify about my 1000 yard groups, but I can't see that far.
