Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mag fed loads not grouping well
#7
Gus, single feed sd is in the single digits at 2449fps average. I’ll see if that changes during magazine feeding.
I suspect neck tension as well. I have .003-.0035” of tension now with the hornady brass and .0035-.004” with Lapua. I may try to increase that somewhat. I’m using hornady dies if that matters and I have polished expander balls in other dies in order to get appropriate neck tension but those numbers looked ok.
A5, I’m seeing no damage to the cartridge hand cycling, but I’ll take vascars advice and check a naturally cycled cartridge after firing a round.
Gus, I have some hornady black. Hopefully this evening I can try it.
If not ammo or feed related, then I fear I’m looking at an assembly problem. I dread the thought of getting the barrel out with the sleeve retaining compound in place.
I’m fortunate that my shooting range is just out back of my house but work sometimes gets in the way of play!
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-25-2019, 01:59 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by lazyengineer - 07-25-2019, 02:39 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by VASCAR2 - 07-25-2019, 01:03 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Gusmeister - 07-25-2019, 03:21 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 07-25-2019, 03:23 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-25-2019, 04:26 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Gusmeister - 07-25-2019, 05:24 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by VASCAR2 - 07-25-2019, 06:28 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by VASCAR2 - 07-25-2019, 06:31 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by lazyengineer - 07-25-2019, 06:58 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Klem - 07-25-2019, 09:19 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by FLshooter - 07-25-2019, 11:00 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-26-2019, 02:24 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Klem - 07-26-2019, 04:45 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Lemonaid - 07-26-2019, 06:38 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-26-2019, 01:38 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-26-2019, 01:39 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-26-2019, 01:42 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Sinclair - 07-26-2019, 07:45 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-27-2019, 03:32 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 07-27-2019, 04:48 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LR1955 - 07-27-2019, 12:05 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by grayfox - 07-27-2019, 02:45 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by grayfox - 07-27-2019, 02:46 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 07-27-2019, 03:58 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by dsmless - 08-02-2019, 03:02 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 08-02-2019, 05:15 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by tgad2 - 08-02-2019, 07:20 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by A5BLASTER - 08-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Jakal - 08-03-2019, 05:55 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Warlock - 08-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Warlock - 08-06-2019, 05:36 PM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by dsmless - 08-20-2019, 12:50 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by brian y - 08-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by Former Cav - 08-22-2019, 03:41 AM
Mag fed loads not grouping well - by LoadHunter - 07-25-2019, 03:11 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)