02-15-2012, 12:35 AM
There is nothing wrong with the .264 LBC chamber. It was designed specifically to shoot the Amax 123 factory loads well. I don't have one, but my first try would be LBC 123 Amax factory loads, then Hornady factory loads.
The chamber itself was designed by LBC to shoot that bullet especially well. I'm not sure it will shoot it any better than the standard Grendel chamber, because the Grendel chamber seems to shoot everything pretty well and there seem to be some loads that are amazing, even straight out of the factory box.
My 28" barrel shoots factory Hornady 123's into less than 2 MOA 20 shot groups at 1000 yards. That's not good enough to win an F Open competition, but its pretty doggone amazing for a factory load! I really would like to shoot it in good conditions and see how good a 5 shot group I could get.
I suspect the LBC might be capable of similar groups, depending on who chambered it and what barrel it is.
Good luck!
The chamber itself was designed by LBC to shoot that bullet especially well. I'm not sure it will shoot it any better than the standard Grendel chamber, because the Grendel chamber seems to shoot everything pretty well and there seem to be some loads that are amazing, even straight out of the factory box.
My 28" barrel shoots factory Hornady 123's into less than 2 MOA 20 shot groups at 1000 yards. That's not good enough to win an F Open competition, but its pretty doggone amazing for a factory load! I really would like to shoot it in good conditions and see how good a 5 shot group I could get.
I suspect the LBC might be capable of similar groups, depending on who chambered it and what barrel it is.
Good luck!
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live. - John Galt
