Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Short throat issue, rifle wont chamber anything with a COAL over 2.245
#7
A5BLASTER Wrote:If your barrel jam's the bullet of any factory ammo. It's got a short throat and needs to be fixed or replaced. Since you stated this is a replacment barrel already and it's doing the same thing.

It's time to cut bait and walk away. Either send it back and ask for a refund or buy a new barrel from a diffrent company, install and move on.

Fireing a round from a barrel that has a short throat and jam's bullets of factory ammo is a dangerous weapon and shouldn't not be used.

This is along the lines of what I am thinking, I want to be able to use any factory ammo (I am willing to sacrifice the small amount of accuracy this may affect, as I am not competing or anything anyway).

grayfox Wrote:I was going to add... some kinda bad news.... if the chamber is nitrided it is probably impossible (or nearly so) to change its dimensions. The nitriding makes the surface verrrry hard, anyway from what I've read. Now if by some stroke it is possible then I'll bow to superior knowledge on it, not being dogmatic, just from what I've seen on the nitriding...

Interesting, the barrel itself is nitrided (not sure about the chamber).
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Short throat issue, rifle wont chamber anything with a COAL over 2.245 - by nexgen91 - 07-23-2019, 10:16 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)