07-11-2019, 02:39 PM
I have no military experience, but I'll agree as much as I can with what LRRPF52 says about the A1 config. I have a Colt SP-1 lower that has a surplus A1 upper atop it. (I bought this setup from my brother, who'd owned it for years.) I didn't care a all for the triangular HG so I swapped to the newer A2 type; huge improvement IMO.
But anyway, on to my point. The A1 20" upper makes for about as "handy" and well balanced a rifle as I've ever held. Feels like half the weight of any of my various other uppers, though I know it's only slightly lighter in weight than the next heaviest. There's just something about it. And my brother said it would shoot down to about 1 MOA for him with his 55 gr hand loads, if he squeezed of his shots slowly and carefully.
But anyway, on to my point. The A1 20" upper makes for about as "handy" and well balanced a rifle as I've ever held. Feels like half the weight of any of my various other uppers, though I know it's only slightly lighter in weight than the next heaviest. There's just something about it. And my brother said it would shoot down to about 1 MOA for him with his 55 gr hand loads, if he squeezed of his shots slowly and carefully.

