02-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Cbubac: Personally if it was me, I would contact( telephone and email, just so they also have it in writing) Midway USA and complain about it and let them know you want one that has the SAAMI spec. chamber instead.
On another thread someone called Satern and they said they weren't going to change until they get official notification that AA has released the trademark.
Midway USA, with their buying power, can put more pressure on these companies if they realize it will make a difference to their customers.
These barrels could have also been made before the trademark release but it never hurts to let them know how you feel and that you're not happy.
In the future, depending on how many barrel makers switch back to the SAAMI chamber and mark their barrels accordingly, these barrels may even become harder to sell as they are not marked 6.5 Grendel.
I know I wouldn't buy one unless it is marked 6.5 Grendel.
Just my thoughts.
Good Luck.
Lee
On another thread someone called Satern and they said they weren't going to change until they get official notification that AA has released the trademark.
Midway USA, with their buying power, can put more pressure on these companies if they realize it will make a difference to their customers.
These barrels could have also been made before the trademark release but it never hurts to let them know how you feel and that you're not happy.
In the future, depending on how many barrel makers switch back to the SAAMI chamber and mark their barrels accordingly, these barrels may even become harder to sell as they are not marked 6.5 Grendel.
I know I wouldn't buy one unless it is marked 6.5 Grendel.
Just my thoughts.
Good Luck.
Lee
