06-30-2019, 11:46 PM
rookie7 Wrote:If and when you get the hinged floorplate working I am interested in purchasing. Or, if you can point me in the direction of who you found working on one I'll make contact.
I bought the Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel for my daughter to deer hunt with. Looking back on it I don't know what I was thinking and it was a terrible decision.
I like the barreled action. The HTI plastic stock isn't that bad. BUT the "bottom metal" and "magazine" feel like they were molded from the same plastic as a water gun.
The mag release location is a HUGE deal as far as the worst place possible. What idiot thought that up? This is a hunting rifle for her, so magazine protruding below the stock is a very bad idea.
Again, my fault for not thinking this thru enough on how bad the magazine and release are going to potentially cause a problem.
If I had a milling machine I would make one myself - use a follower and spring from a Model 7, maybe even the internal box, and go from there.
Ok. Go to DIP's website buy the metal bottom metal, and new mag release they sell plus the aluminum mag floor plate.
Then find the data thread on how to flush fit the mag. If done correctly it will give you 4+1 mag capacity and be a flush fit mag.
Doing it this way is going to be cheaper then buying a hinged bottom metal from me.
If flush fitting the mag is beyond your skill level, you can send it and the DIP aluminum mag floor plate to me and I will modify the mag for you.

