10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine?
#13
A5BLASTER Wrote:Several guys tryed the spacer kit for the aics mags with grendel and it didn't work.

I have been working on one in my shop yes. But I only after I had found a gunsmith that had been working on one and made a post about what he had done so far.

I emailed him a few times but never heard back from him. He might have been busy or something. So I started working on one myself.

I'm still tweaking it and working through the design, that's all I will say on it for now.

But it has kind of taken a back seat to other mag setup testing at the moment as well. I will return to it later this fall I'm sure.

If and when you get the hinged floorplate working I am interested in purchasing. Or, if you can point me in the direction of who you found working on one I'll make contact.

I bought the Howa mini in 6.5 Grendel for my daughter to deer hunt with. Looking back on it I don't know what I was thinking and it was a terrible decision.

I like the barreled action. The HTI plastic stock isn't that bad. BUT the "bottom metal" and "magazine" feel like they were molded from the same plastic as a water gun.

The mag release location is a HUGE deal as far as the worst place possible. What idiot thought that up? This is a hunting rifle for her, so magazine protruding below the stock is a very bad idea.

Again, my fault for not thinking this thru enough on how bad the magazine and release are going to potentially cause a problem.

If I had a milling machine I would make one myself - use a follower and spring from a Model 7, maybe even the internal box, and go from there.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by splashy - 06-27-2019, 06:32 AM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by 7tcu - 06-29-2019, 12:13 AM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by rookie7 - 06-30-2019, 05:30 PM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by DRandi - 06-30-2019, 06:52 PM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by rookie7 - 06-30-2019, 11:39 PM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by rookie7 - 07-01-2019, 03:01 AM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by DRandi - 07-01-2019, 07:27 AM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by DRandi - 07-01-2019, 01:40 PM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by DRandi - 07-01-2019, 01:47 PM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by DRandi - 07-01-2019, 02:49 PM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by splashy - 08-30-2019, 06:01 AM
10-shot Howa Mini Grendel Magazine? - by adamjp - 08-31-2019, 01:14 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)