06-29-2019, 08:56 PM
I ordered a "Goliath" 24" assembled upper with the stainless steel barrel they listed as having the ELD "Match" barrel. The advertising implied the upper was very accurate. Upon receiving it I performed the preliminary fire---clean---fire---clean---fire---clean etc. break-in procedure for the barrel. After the 5th round of firing and cleaning I allowed the barrel to return to ambient temp. then fired a few foulers to ready the bore for accuracy testing. The assembly shot like a dog, I mean I could have gotten a tighter group if I had used a sling shot to launch the rounds down range instead of that piece of garbage from delta team tactical. To add insult and nearly INJURY to the equation, the gas block they installed slid forward fully exposing the hole in the barrel and had I just hand cycled a fresh round into the chamber instead of checking, I'd have wound up having 60,000 psi heated gas venting up through the hole and around the hand guard. When I contacted delta team tactical and informed them, their response was "If you used loctite on the set screws you're going to have to pay for a new gas block"!!! My only response to that B.S. was the following : If the idiot in QC had done his job and checked the upper before it left the factory he'd have found that the other idiot that assembled the upper didn't even use two set screws let alone properly secure the one he did install!!!!! I wonder what my attorney would think about their duty to provide at the very least a safe product since the 4 inch shotgun style pattern 5 shot group that garbage produced is about as far from accurate as one can get firing 123 gr. HORNADY BLACK ammo thru it. Like I said, a 3 year old with a garden hose could pattern better than this upper.

