Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trying to decide on a 20” grendel Match Barrel
#1
I owned (2) BCA 24” Grendel uppers.One SS,one nitrite.Ss one shoots well.The Nitite upper did not,was rebarreled by BCA twice.This time they sent me a SS one.
Tired of wasting ammo gambling on BCA barrels!I sold the new/rebarreled upper to a gun store acquaintance for $200.I had under $250 total into it.
BCA served it’s purpose for me.I wanted to be sure I liked the caliber before I spent more $.I am ready to build a shooter.I will be using it out to 600 yrds.I reload and shoot for accuracy.
Decided on a 20” Match barrel.Been patiently looking on the Internet for months now.Cash is not a factor.I’d spend up to a reasonable amount($800?).
I have a lower and the Nikon black 4-16x5 scope that was with the BCA upper.And I have complete uppers .So,all I need is a match barrel,head spaced bolt ,gas block and tube.
Some of the barrels did not come in 20”.In consideration are,a JP supermatch 18” match barrel/bolt kit($550).Criterion 18”hybrid barrel($325)Wilson Combat 20” tactical match barrel($300).
Then I looked at Lija and Krieger.Which can come with everything I need in the $800 neighborhood.But,there are so many options,that I need help in deciding.
Not against the lower priced barrels.But,I’m spending time ,ammo,money and effort.I want to give myself the best chance of it being a lights out shooter.
I would appreciate any opinions based on past experience.
Thanks in advance. - Joe(FLshooter)
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Trying to decide on a 20” grendel Match Barrel - by FLshooter - 06-28-2019, 03:28 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)