Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First 6.5 Grendel Upper Build
#3
If the monster bolts are still available in the group buy section of this forum, that's a very good and economical one. Also uses the std firing pin. Verify the wilson bbl is set for a 0.136 bolt face depth, which I think it is, 0.136 is what you want, not 0.125.

As for the bcg, get a nice 556 one and store the bolt as spare parts... nitrided or NiB are smooth, I personally don't go for the simply-parkerized ones any more. Since it's 556 the economical-$$ will be there.

I have an odin agb on one barrel, however I did a set it and forget it. With rlgs on the 18" the agb shouldn't really be a big concern since it's a nice barrel, a lo pro standard one would do you well. For economy, see joebob's.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"
Reply


Messages In This Thread
First 6.5 Grendel Upper Build - by yotesniper66 - 06-19-2019, 04:28 AM
First 6.5 Grendel Upper Build - by Kswhitetails - 06-19-2019, 05:00 AM
First 6.5 Grendel Upper Build - by grayfox - 06-19-2019, 03:24 PM
First 6.5 Grendel Upper Build - by yotesniper66 - 06-19-2019, 10:48 PM
First 6.5 Grendel Upper Build - by vicrider - 06-19-2019, 11:20 PM
First 6.5 Grendel Upper Build - by yotesniper66 - 06-21-2019, 06:46 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)