06-15-2019, 07:18 PM
Most of the time, is what I would say. If this particular bolt is a 0.136 face depth, and is longer than the std 556 bolt by 0.011, then it can use the standard 556/223 firing pin. I think I've seen or heard of some 0.136 depth faces having bolt length equal to the 556 (? could be wrong on this, but just in case)... so in that case the pin with that bolt is probably 0.11 shorter than the standard 556/223 pin.
So, measure the bolt's length. A true grendel bolt has the extra length tacked on to the rear to compensate for the 0.136 depth face (which is a 0.11 nominal deeper than the 223).
Hope this makes sense.
So, measure the bolt's length. A true grendel bolt has the extra length tacked on to the rear to compensate for the 0.136 depth face (which is a 0.11 nominal deeper than the 223).
Hope this makes sense.
"Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

