06-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Sorry, not a B&C issue, but possibly a similar feed issue...
I HAD feed issues with my 6.5 Grendel mini action Howa on a Boyds At One stock, however, I was able to fix it pretty easily.
The problem I was having was the front of the bullet itself was not clearing the ramp. My snap caps kept catching the ramp right at the tip. This problem also happened with almost every hornady blackout that I fed into it.
The fix - I shaved a very little off of the stock from just above the bottom metal and bedded a nice flat plain for the bottom metal to sit in. In all, I think I removed only about 1/32 of an inch at most to get everything to feed right.
Second fix - Same gun, same barreled action... I decided to add pillars and was able to cut the pillars to the length that fit the exact length after I had shaved a little off and bedded the bottom metal. I then took those pillars and shaved them down another 1/32 of an inch (not that I needed to, but since the bullets just barely cleared the ramp [100% of the time], I figured a little more room for comfort wouldn't hurt. Today, the pillars, action bedding, and bottom metal bedding are all in place and my baby feeds like a CHAMP!!!
Ever since I did the first slight reduction in the stock at the bottom metal, I haven't had a single feed issue AT ALL. Since doing the pillars, I also have not had a single feed issue, not even one.
I have pics, but not accessible at the moment. Can check my IG account for some pics (I think they're still up) @gun_hobbies
~klipsh
PS: I also have the 6.5 Grendel Howa mini action in the MDT LSS chassis and without ANY modifications, there has not been a single feed issue.
.
I HAD feed issues with my 6.5 Grendel mini action Howa on a Boyds At One stock, however, I was able to fix it pretty easily.
The problem I was having was the front of the bullet itself was not clearing the ramp. My snap caps kept catching the ramp right at the tip. This problem also happened with almost every hornady blackout that I fed into it.
The fix - I shaved a very little off of the stock from just above the bottom metal and bedded a nice flat plain for the bottom metal to sit in. In all, I think I removed only about 1/32 of an inch at most to get everything to feed right.
Second fix - Same gun, same barreled action... I decided to add pillars and was able to cut the pillars to the length that fit the exact length after I had shaved a little off and bedded the bottom metal. I then took those pillars and shaved them down another 1/32 of an inch (not that I needed to, but since the bullets just barely cleared the ramp [100% of the time], I figured a little more room for comfort wouldn't hurt. Today, the pillars, action bedding, and bottom metal bedding are all in place and my baby feeds like a CHAMP!!!
Ever since I did the first slight reduction in the stock at the bottom metal, I haven't had a single feed issue AT ALL. Since doing the pillars, I also have not had a single feed issue, not even one.
I have pics, but not accessible at the moment. Can check my IG account for some pics (I think they're still up) @gun_hobbies
~klipsh
PS: I also have the 6.5 Grendel Howa mini action in the MDT LSS chassis and without ANY modifications, there has not been a single feed issue.
.

