First outing with Howa Mini Grendel
#8
daved20319 Wrote:Like all things, recoil is subjective, some just have more tolerance for it that others. Lots of folks say a .243 or a .308 are light recoiling, well, not in my world Rolleyes. If I never shoot either caliber again, it'll be too soon. The .223 is fun to shoot, the Grendel without a brake, not so much. But hey, that's just me and my tolerance level. As to complaining about the M4-72, I'm not. It's incredibly effective, I suspect that it would make even a .308 tolerable for me to shoot. But yes, that blast of air in the face is distracting, at least in my application. I think a longer barrel would make it much less so, but I don't have any way to test that at the moment. So I'm going to try a different brake on my Grendel, if it's effective but without the prop wash, great, if not, I'll just have to get used to the M4-72. Later.

Not trying to bash being recoil sensitive because I'm super pistol and shotgun recoil sensitive. Keeping things relative, you don't need the best brake for Grendel compared to something like 30-06. Most people see the m4-72 as the gold standard and for good reason but most well designed brakes will effectively behave the same in recoil reduction.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
First outing with Howa Mini Grendel - by grayfox - 06-02-2019, 09:53 PM
First outing with Howa Mini Grendel - by grayfox - 06-03-2019, 12:08 AM
First outing with Howa Mini Grendel - by roor - 06-04-2019, 04:05 PM
First outing with Howa Mini Grendel - by roor - 06-04-2019, 10:20 PM
First outing with Howa Mini Grendel - by grayfox - 06-06-2019, 01:20 AM
First outing with Howa Mini Grendel - by BobinNC - 06-06-2019, 06:41 PM
First outing with Howa Mini Grendel - by DDRanch - 06-06-2019, 10:36 PM
First outing with Howa Mini Grendel - by firefly - 06-23-2019, 05:22 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)