Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
PSA pistol upper
#7
That's what I did. 1/4" brass domed slotted head screw. Took my time. Applied valve lapping compound to both parts, moderate pressure while spinning somewhat slower with a drill while swirling or orbiting the drill and screw so the screw wouldn't wear all in one spot. Wipe clean, check progress and repeat until desired crown depth is achieved. I went about 3x depth radially compared to the barrel's groove depth. I used two screws. The first I used mostly and it ended up wearing to an odd shape. Once I was close to the depth I wanted I switched to the other screw for the "finishing" passes where I used less pressure. I did notice a little burr when I was done but I'm pretty sure that shot out after a handful of rounds. I think less heat (less pressure and slower speed) would keep the burr down.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
PSA pistol upper - by KD85 - 05-13-2019, 04:53 PM
PSA pistol upper - by mdewitt71 - 05-13-2019, 05:33 PM
PSA pistol upper - by mtnlvr - 05-13-2019, 05:46 PM
PSA pistol upper - by VASCAR2 - 05-13-2019, 05:57 PM
PSA pistol upper - by 65GbySeven - 05-24-2019, 09:36 PM
PSA pistol upper - by Happy2Shoot - 06-03-2019, 10:33 PM
PSA pistol upper - by mtnlvr - 06-03-2019, 11:02 PM
PSA pistol upper - by Happy2Shoot - 06-03-2019, 11:07 PM
PSA pistol upper - by mtnlvr - 06-04-2019, 03:19 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)