05-29-2019, 08:00 PM
Do either of your barrels have a SAAMI chamber with compound throat?
I just looked up Classic Arms and saw barrels in the $59-$73 range. Seems like a waste of time at those price points and I would never recommend a barrel at that price.
Criterion barrels are shooters in my experience, as long as whoever is doing the profiling and chambering knows what they are doing.
To be getting .96" 5rd groups from a 12.5" with a 130gr load is impressive actually.
The lighter guns are harder to hold on-target and get a little jumpy, but still have plenty of practical accuracy even at distance.
I just looked up Classic Arms and saw barrels in the $59-$73 range. Seems like a waste of time at those price points and I would never recommend a barrel at that price.
Criterion barrels are shooters in my experience, as long as whoever is doing the profiling and chambering knows what they are doing.
To be getting .96" 5rd groups from a 12.5" with a 130gr load is impressive actually.
The lighter guns are harder to hold on-target and get a little jumpy, but still have plenty of practical accuracy even at distance.
NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor
6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:
www.AR15buildbox.com
