Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AT3 FF-ML 20 Inch Faxon 6.5 Grendel Upper Range Result
#13
I think you could get more velocity with CFE223, Accurate 2520, LeveRevolution or AR Comp. I get 2525 FPS with a 123 grain bullet and 31.0 grains CFE223, CCI 450 primer on a 70 degree day out of my 20” Shilen 6.5 Grendel.

There are several powders that prove very accurate in the 6.5 Grendel but they don’t produce quite as much velocity.

Other powders that give decent velocities with 120-125 grain bullets, VV-N530, VV N-540, H-4895, Winchester 748, IMR 8208 XBR, or Reloader 15.

I’ve seen where some very good barrels just don’t produce as much velocities as other barrels the same length. The challenge is finding what works best in your barrel.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
AT3 FF-ML 20 Inch Faxon 6.5 Grendel Upper Range Result - by VASCAR2 - 05-16-2019, 11:25 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)