Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why?
#8
Thanks for the replies. I get it.

The one thing in common I see from the replies to this post is that people who enjoy this cartridge are detail oriented and like to tinker which is absolutely not me.

No troll here. Just looking for the rationale and counterargument on why he should stop harassing me to buy a gun like his and I found it since I am not into tinkering. I'll turn wrenches if it's convenient or to save money as through my business but I don't find stuff like this fun. I'd rather shoot more or work more to make more money than tinker or reload, it's not my thing.

For example my favorite AR is the Ruger SR-556 because it's gas piston and doesn't hardly ever need to be cleaned, just like I drive Toyotas because they are reliable and nearly maintenance free. I'll clean guns if I have to and know how to field strip them with ease, but I've never truly taken one apart as I'd rather just shoot them etc. FYI a few years back this same person suggested I get the 6.8spc upper which I did but never shot much as 556 is a better defense and plinking cartridge for what I can do with it.

Hunting wise no way I'd ever be able to use centerfire rifle. My state and all the neighbors allow only shotgun, muzzle loader or archery, and a bunch of neighbors as well as neighbors to the neighbors all have assault weapon bans making traveling to a place where you can hunt with what they consider an assault style centerfire rifle dicey.

Thanks for the replies.


Messages In This Thread
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by 22lr - 05-15-2019, 11:40 PM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by BCHunter - 05-16-2019, 12:00 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by lazyengineer - 05-16-2019, 12:17 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by Lemonaid - 05-16-2019, 01:28 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by Mesa1978 - 05-16-2019, 02:02 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by rabiddawg - 05-16-2019, 02:24 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by 22lr - 05-16-2019, 02:58 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by heldfast - 05-16-2019, 06:04 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by LR1955 - 05-16-2019, 12:03 PM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by NightFisher - 05-16-2019, 01:57 PM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by PPCLI-JIM - 05-16-2019, 02:59 PM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by 22lr - 05-17-2019, 03:59 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by A5BLASTER - 05-17-2019, 04:24 AM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by LR1955 - 05-17-2019, 12:10 PM
6.5 Grendel Worth It and Why? - by grayfox - 05-16-2019, 12:35 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)