05-16-2019, 12:00 AM
It is really a matter of what you enjoy? I have a hard time finding a range over 100 yards. But am also completely impressed with 6.5 grendel and 6.5 cm. And chasing a one hole group.
The grendel is on ar15 platform. 308 is on ar 10 platform, so you can build an upper in grendel and swap out your .223 and get near .308 performance with low recoil, in a smaller lighter package. Yes .308 is more powerful, but the platform is more expensive, even though the ammo is cheaper.
I got into grendel for hunting whitetail. A more capable round then .223, in a handy package that my nephews could handle.
But I find myself shooting the grendel most often, even though I have .22, .17hmr, .223 .243. 7mm-08, .30-06, .300 wsm, .44, .45acp.
The grendel and cm has made me a better shooter, if has me refocused my technique and I have shoot groups that I would never of thought possible, with still room for improvement.
The grendel is on ar15 platform. 308 is on ar 10 platform, so you can build an upper in grendel and swap out your .223 and get near .308 performance with low recoil, in a smaller lighter package. Yes .308 is more powerful, but the platform is more expensive, even though the ammo is cheaper.
I got into grendel for hunting whitetail. A more capable round then .223, in a handy package that my nephews could handle.
But I find myself shooting the grendel most often, even though I have .22, .17hmr, .223 .243. 7mm-08, .30-06, .300 wsm, .44, .45acp.
The grendel and cm has made me a better shooter, if has me refocused my technique and I have shoot groups that I would never of thought possible, with still room for improvement.

