NO WD40....I have spent too many hours cleaning guns from bolt to 1911's to browning BAR's to get them to function properly and cease shooting patterns & return to shooting small groups again for my friends and family. And autoloader & pump shotguns.
That said: REM Oil w/Teflon works from 10 below to 110 especially if the can is inverted and shaken well to redistribute the Teflon particles evenly which settle a bit out of their suspension over time in volume. I am from western Montana and also use BF CLP a lot. One or the other but not together on the same gun.
For a bit heavier lube SIG got me to using MILCOM TW25B on my Nightmare Carry 1911"s and it works very well. I work it into my fingers and apply to high wear areas especially my BCG body bolt lugs, charging handle shaft, LPG pins etc. Shooters Choice Hi tech red on the fence about which one is better in cold weather. In super cold I use Graphite after a thorough degreasing. Any feed back on the TW25B would be great.....as well anything to shorten the process for more trigger and reloading time. Hoppes Bench Rest and #9 and JB's Bore Paste when necessary. Have used Butch's Bore Shine but it takes a bit longer. I am going to try Montana XTreme next on John Barnses advice.
All praise to the GREAT UNWASHED HOARD!!!
I have used these products for over 40 years and as they became available on the market with great success. Since starting my anal regiment of cleaning and lubricating LOL I " KNOCK ON WOOD " haven't had a frozen firing pin, too light firing pin strike. seized or sluggish bolt, slide etc.
I am currently breaking in 2 new complete uppers, a SIG Sauer 14.5 516 piston drive 556 and a 20"Grendel and starting a build around a GB 16" barrel and GB bolt.
That said: REM Oil w/Teflon works from 10 below to 110 especially if the can is inverted and shaken well to redistribute the Teflon particles evenly which settle a bit out of their suspension over time in volume. I am from western Montana and also use BF CLP a lot. One or the other but not together on the same gun.
For a bit heavier lube SIG got me to using MILCOM TW25B on my Nightmare Carry 1911"s and it works very well. I work it into my fingers and apply to high wear areas especially my BCG body bolt lugs, charging handle shaft, LPG pins etc. Shooters Choice Hi tech red on the fence about which one is better in cold weather. In super cold I use Graphite after a thorough degreasing. Any feed back on the TW25B would be great.....as well anything to shorten the process for more trigger and reloading time. Hoppes Bench Rest and #9 and JB's Bore Paste when necessary. Have used Butch's Bore Shine but it takes a bit longer. I am going to try Montana XTreme next on John Barnses advice.
All praise to the GREAT UNWASHED HOARD!!!
I have used these products for over 40 years and as they became available on the market with great success. Since starting my anal regiment of cleaning and lubricating LOL I " KNOCK ON WOOD " haven't had a frozen firing pin, too light firing pin strike. seized or sluggish bolt, slide etc.
I am currently breaking in 2 new complete uppers, a SIG Sauer 14.5 516 piston drive 556 and a 20"Grendel and starting a build around a GB 16" barrel and GB bolt.

