02-10-2012, 03:06 AM
If one makes enough changes to the standard AR platform, even a "Grendelized" AR platform as standardized by AA, then it almost becomes a new weapon. To my mind, it's like an experimental chambering in, oh, an FN SCAR or an AK or a SIG551 in 65G. And I'm all for experimentation and innovation, the 6.5 Grendel itself being a premier example of thinking outside the box in order maximize performance within the box, so to speak.
So, having said that, more power to 'em. I hope Elkbow will keep us updated on his project. (Just don't try anything crazy, man! Be VERY careful if you're trying to squeeze 6.5 Creedmoor performance from the 6.5 Grendel case, is all I'm saying!)
John
So, having said that, more power to 'em. I hope Elkbow will keep us updated on his project. (Just don't try anything crazy, man! Be VERY careful if you're trying to squeeze 6.5 Creedmoor performance from the 6.5 Grendel case, is all I'm saying!)
John
