Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Faxon barrel + Toolcraft BCG "G" Gauge does not close
#4
Sometimes it's nice to know how much wiggle room you have. I've got a set of shims from 0.001" to 0.015" that I can stack on the bolt face to see home much headroom I've got on a particular case before the chamber gets tight. You can get an idea how close the Tool craft setup is by taking a round or sized case that allows your extractorless and firing pi less bolt to close on, use a comparitor and get a relative base to shoulder measurement between it and the go gage. If the sized case is 0.003" shorter than the go gage, try fitting a 0.003" shim between the case and bolt face. Ideally the bolt won't close. Move to a 0.002", then a 0.001". It'll give you an fairly good idea how short your headspace is.

I'd say use the BCA bolt with the Tool craft carrier, or have the chamber reamed and get the Tool craft bolt to headspace, or just size and reload to the Tool craft bolt.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Faxon barrel + Toolcraft BCG "G" Gauge does not close - by mtnlvr - 05-04-2019, 09:12 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)