Got the second-round swap-out back from BCA. Nina - from BCA customer service - bent over backwards to make me happy. They ended up swapping out the Nitrided barrel with a stainless steel, since - although based on small sample group - it seems to me that those who are happy with BCA barrels are those with SS.
She's a beaut! and I was just hoping it shoots as good as it looks.
![[Image: 65GrendelSS.GIF]](http://martinsen.com/65grendel/65GrendelSS.GIF)
I did a quick bore sight and zero with Wolf 100 gr (3 shots and it was there), did some break-in with multiple bore cleanings with copper remover, and then shot a quick group at around 70 yards with Hornady Black 123 gr. (I am at the ranch and am here to shoot metal targets - I'll do grouping at 100 yards next time I'm at the range.)
![[Image: 65GrendelGroupSS.GIF]](http://martinsen.com/65grendel/65GrendelGroupSS.GIF)
I immediately setup my steel targets and had an absolute blast shooting this thing out to 450 yards (that's as far as I can go at the ranch - for now...). Targets seemed impossible to miss. It was great! This is what I was hoping for!
![[Image: 65GrentalMetalTargets310yds.GIF]](http://martinsen.com/65grendel/65GrentalMetalTargets310yds.GIF)
(The big target was various shots at distances from 200 to 310 yards. At 310, I had everything fined tuned and shot the 10" target on right.)
So, now I am now an official member of the 6.5 Grendel Fanatics Club!
She's a beaut! and I was just hoping it shoots as good as it looks.
I did a quick bore sight and zero with Wolf 100 gr (3 shots and it was there), did some break-in with multiple bore cleanings with copper remover, and then shot a quick group at around 70 yards with Hornady Black 123 gr. (I am at the ranch and am here to shoot metal targets - I'll do grouping at 100 yards next time I'm at the range.)
I immediately setup my steel targets and had an absolute blast shooting this thing out to 450 yards (that's as far as I can go at the ranch - for now...). Targets seemed impossible to miss. It was great! This is what I was hoping for!
(The big target was various shots at distances from 200 to 310 yards. At 310, I had everything fined tuned and shot the 10" target on right.)
So, now I am now an official member of the 6.5 Grendel Fanatics Club!

