04-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Labrat198 Wrote:I have a feeling this has more to do with government regulations than anything else.
I've been meaning to start a thread here about one issue that existed at one time that I'm not sure if it still holds true or not. But I know for a fact in the mid 2000 it did!
AR lowers; rifle lowers must stay rifles and can not be converted into pistols. But AR pistols can be converted into rifles, but once it is, it can not be converted back into a pistol.
Back in about 2005 to 2008 I was really into building AR's, so all the lowers I bought were listed as pistol lowers to not have to worry about breaking the law.
If...if the law still exists....how many here have made illegal pistols?
Even if you bought all your parts one piece at a time. The receiver must be labeled a pistol when you purchased it!
Like I said...I have not researched it to see if the law still reads that way or not, but I don't know of any reason why it would have changed.

