04-26-2019, 07:00 PM
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 07:01 PM by HokeyPokeyKid.)
Msalm Wrote:I really don't see this as a magazine/bottom metal problem. In these aftermarket stocks, I'm assuming the companies are using existing stock patterns and just adjusting the inlet for these actions....well the actions are scaled down/smaller and the depth through the stock really needs to be adjusted. It should require an entirely new stock design with proper layout in the first place. I get the impression they are just trying to fit this new inlet into an existing stock they already build. What needs to happen is make a stock from scratch that fits the action and the human form, then build your molds (for the synthetic stocks anyway) and start making them.
Its more of a magazine tolerance issue, some magazines sit deeper than others, some have springs so weak they don't reliably push the last rounds up.
This really came to light because the B&C stock made the issue obvious. I have 10 magazines 8 of which feed flawlessly and 2 of which wont feed the last round. 2 of my stock Howa minis rifles actually have bolt drag on a couple of magazines because they sit higher in the gun than other mags.

