04-24-2019, 01:31 PM
CaptnC Wrote:Our heroes in the military are using those rifles for what they were designed for close quarters combat...you damn sure sure don't want to be swinging a 20"+ barrel around in a small room clearing targets!
Plus my comments at least get people to read my post and maybe some will see a 12.5 Grendel is not really as practical as many here think it is.
Have you noticed there are not many people making barrels shorter than 16" and most are over 16". Someone sold Faxon on the idea and they seen the opportunity to sell a few barrel regardless of the logic behind it.
I have yet to see a 224 V. in anyone's barrel 12.5", you find very few as short as 16" the vast majority that I have found are over 18".
On the Long Range Hunting Online Magazine Forum, they have a Grenel barrel length thread pop up once in a while. So far nearly no one has suggested the need for anything shorter that 18".
My 24" looks rather odd sitting on the firing line because of the barrel length. But it serves a purpose and I will only be using it for a range rifle shooting steel at longer ranges. It might make a varmint hunt or two. I have my 20" for the bulk of my AR hunting.
Yep a 12 or 12.5 or even 11 inch grendel barrel is so unwanted there is only one company making them. Ohhh wait there is like 4 or more company's making them and almost every custom shop makes them too.
As well as AA who has had a 11 inch barrel for years and years.
We get it you don't want it, that's fine in of itself. For the rest of us we will keep killing this with less then 18 inch barrels.
As far as the 224v comment, meh it's a 22 if I want to shoot a 22 I have a Henry lever action.

