Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
20" Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel Upper
#56
I spent most of my first day out at the ranch Friday shooting my "rev'ed-up" Remington 770 .243 and that thing was awesome. Then I switched to my Grendel for initial break-in. I bore sighted and zeroed scope at 33 yards with first and second shot being very different then I shot a couple more that were somewhat consistent to my scope adjustments. I did a thorough bore cleaning with copper remover per recommendations for barrel break-in. I moved out to around 95 yards and shot about a 2 foot (or more) group. It was really a safety hazard how far those shots were off from where I was aiming. I thought it might be that my scope was loose and walking on me, but it appeared to be very tight. I cleaned the bore again and by that time the sun had set. I was going to dedicate Saturday to breaking in the Grendel and figuring all that out, but I got a call for an emergency project for a client and I had to head back to town. It was a shame since the weather was perfect for shooting, filming and just enjoying myself with my guns. I do have some videos that I'm going to have to view, edit and try to figure out what happened.

I'll swap out scopes with the one I use on my .243 since I know there are no issues with it and get out and try again as soon as I can.

Update: I believe the scope may have loosened slightly and may have been cause of the flyer more that a foot off from Point of Aim.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
20" Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel Upper - by Hollis - 04-21-2019, 06:32 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)