A few months back I decided to build an AR specifically for hunting at longer ranges in and outside of California. Many of you may have tracked the 6.5 Grendel I built from a Troy Pump Action Rifle. For this build, I wanted a semi-auto. I decided to go with a Faxon 18" barrel and Aero Precison M4E1 upper. The Optic is a Sightron S-TAC 3-16x42 on a Warne Ramp 30 mount. The lower has a Thordsen Stock with CMMC trigger.
![[Image: 46731752445_c7ac9a5ca7_h.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46731752445_c7ac9a5ca7_h.jpg)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14112[/ATTACH]
Originally, I wanted to zero and hunt with Hornady 123 grain SSTs. At 100 yards they made a nice group but at 200 yards they opened to a 3" group. I decided to try the Alexander Arms 120 grain Barnes TSX and I'm glad I did. My rifle shot a .5" group at 200 yards.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14117[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14114[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14115[/ATTACH]
Last week, this rifle and ammo combo helped me bag my first wild, free range Mouflon Ram at 315 yards.
![[Image: 40680934503_a633892c89_b.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/40680934503_a633892c89_b.jpg)
![[Image: 46731752445_c7ac9a5ca7_h.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/46731752445_c7ac9a5ca7_h.jpg)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14112[/ATTACH]
Originally, I wanted to zero and hunt with Hornady 123 grain SSTs. At 100 yards they made a nice group but at 200 yards they opened to a 3" group. I decided to try the Alexander Arms 120 grain Barnes TSX and I'm glad I did. My rifle shot a .5" group at 200 yards.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14117[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14114[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14115[/ATTACH]
Last week, this rifle and ammo combo helped me bag my first wild, free range Mouflon Ram at 315 yards.
![[Image: 40680934503_a633892c89_b.jpg]](https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/40680934503_a633892c89_b.jpg)

