Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My Gendel Build
#12
JD-1 Wrote:Well - sorry for taking so long to post results. I was finally able to get out and send the first 60 rounds down range. Up front summary: I think the barrel (group buy monster 18") is far better than I am! I used Wolf Gold 120Gr and Federal Fusion 120Gr. I used 1 20 round CPD mag (loaded with 20) and 2 28 round CPD mags (loaded to 20 each). Had absolutely no issues with the 28 round mags. The 20 round wouldn't chamber a round. I think the feed lips were hitting the bolt carrier keeping it from closing. I'll have to do some investigation on that one. It took quite a bit to get the scope centered. I still have more work to do there, but at least it's close now. I was shooting on a bench, but had no bipod or bag; just had my elbow on the table. I spent a lot of time getting the stock extension right to feel comfortable. I was having a hard time keeping the cross hairs stationary - man do I need more practice! Here's some results:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14084[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14085[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14086[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14087[/ATTACH]

Nice build sir. Those 28 round mags aren't 28 round mags, it was a mislabel they are 26 rounders. Your probably correct on the feed lips of the 20 rounder, I have a few that needed to be tweaked just a hair but been perfect after that.

Where did you find the wolf 120 gold ammo?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 02-27-2019, 02:03 PM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 02-27-2019, 02:07 PM
My Gendel Build - by Rangerofthenorth - 02-27-2019, 02:23 PM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 02-27-2019, 11:19 PM
My Gendel Build - by Rangerofthenorth - 02-28-2019, 02:27 AM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 03-01-2019, 11:03 AM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 03-06-2019, 10:20 AM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 03-16-2019, 06:47 PM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 03-22-2019, 09:36 AM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 04-15-2019, 11:58 AM
My Gendel Build - by BCHunter - 04-15-2019, 12:25 PM
My Gendel Build - by A5BLASTER - 04-15-2019, 02:38 PM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 04-15-2019, 03:13 PM
My Gendel Build - by A5BLASTER - 04-15-2019, 03:20 PM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 04-15-2019, 03:48 PM
My Gendel Build - by JD-1 - 04-22-2019, 09:54 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)