Checking for leaks after getting slower velocities found white buildup
#2
It is highly unlikely that a gas leak at the gas block, no matter how severe, is going to make a noticeable difference in MV. You would have to remove the GB entirely to see anything even remotely measurable. By the way, AG is known for its comparatively low MV.

As far as the white residue is concerned - All the blow by I've ever seen has been sooty or black.

Are the GB screws torqued properly?
Did you bed the GB with loctite?
Was there any kind of sealant or paste on the inside of the GB when you installed it?
Prior to installation, did you clean the GB to remove any preservatives?

These are all the possible sources I can imagine. I would suggest removing the GB and inspecting both it and the gas port for any signs of foreign matter or erosion, while you have it apart.

I'd also ensure you store the rifle where the gremlins can't put flour down the barrel while you sleep as a practical joke.
If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Checking for leaks after getting slower velocities found white buildup - by NugginFutz - 04-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)