Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
20" Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel Upper
#37
Jakegsxr11 Wrote:I'm no expert but I'm not even sure it is feasible to only nitride the outside of the barrel. Both ends would need to be completely sealed to avoid the process occurring inside, thus adding unnecessary cost.

Exactly. That is why I was so puzzled when Fangghostwolf said that they only Nitride treated the outside. I'm still confused about this, but after what I have learned now, I wish I would have ordered the stainless steel barrel. I wanted nitrided barrel since they last longer than stainless steel and are less sensitive to heat. But that is only if the bore is nitrided. I'll ask BCA if I can swap for stainless steel if they determine that my barrel needs to be replaced to obtain 1 MOA.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
20" Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel Upper - by Hollis - 04-09-2019, 05:50 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)