04-05-2019, 12:26 AM
I got out to the range today. I had thoroughly cleaned the barrel the night before. Was able to zero scope in 2 shots. Started shooting with Wolf 100gr ammo. It was all over the place! But I kept cleaning and switched to some Hornady Black 123gr. Then I was able to shoot tighter groups, but not MOA. I went out to 200 yards and was able to consistently hit within a couple inches of bullseye on almost every shot. That's all I had time for today.
The jury is still out on how accurate this is. With the initial break-in over, I'll take it out to the ranch and try to go out to 400 yards. I wasn't able to get any video today, but will try to share the results when I get back after Easter.
I sure hope that I can manage some acceptable groups with the Wolf ammo. I can't afford to practice with Hornady! And I do want to spend some time shooting with my Grendel.
The operation of the upper along with the mags (AR Stoner 10 & 25 round from Midway USA) was flawless. Very happy how little the recoil from the Grendel-much less than my other upper shooting 7.62x39.
The jury is still out on how accurate this is. With the initial break-in over, I'll take it out to the ranch and try to go out to 400 yards. I wasn't able to get any video today, but will try to share the results when I get back after Easter.
I sure hope that I can manage some acceptable groups with the Wolf ammo. I can't afford to practice with Hornady! And I do want to spend some time shooting with my Grendel.
The operation of the upper along with the mags (AR Stoner 10 & 25 round from Midway USA) was flawless. Very happy how little the recoil from the Grendel-much less than my other upper shooting 7.62x39.

