Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
20" Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel Upper
#17
FANGHOSTWOLF: Are you sure about the nitrate finish only. I thought the nitrate process doesn't allow for a finish - it is a bath that completely modifies the molecular structure. I'm not sure how you can "finish" only the outside of the barrel and not also treat the bore. I chose the 4150 nitrate model over the stainless since my research indicated that the 4150 is significantly more durable and questionable regarding accuracy inferiority as compared to the chrome line (and I think it also compared it to stainless, but I'll have to go back and check).

I asked the question regarding nitrate 'finish" to BCA customer service, but I'm not impressed with their customer service and doubt I'll get a reply unless I put it in the review section. They monitor that section and quickly address any potential negative remarks. After I take it to the range and get some feedback on accuracy, I'll do a review and ask this question and see what they say.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
20" Bear Creek Arsenal 6.5 Grendel Upper - by Hollis - 04-04-2019, 04:23 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)