03-29-2019, 03:43 PM
Jeepster18_88 Wrote:I second the skipping the Beer Creek stuff. I have one that I bought due to a recommendation from a guy at work. He claimed that they were tack drivers and since they were dirt cheap and I don't shoot over 300 yards, I figured why not. First two rounds of Wolf at 50 yrds were one hole, adjusted the scope and put two next to each other in the bullseye. Moved to 100 yrds and it was shooting right, then left, then low. I tried the Hornady SST factory load and it was even worse. Over a 12" 9 shot group at 100 yards. One shot completely missed the backer. The wolf and ELDM loads were between 3.5- 6" groups. They sent me a return label and say that they'll fix it, but I went ahead and ordered a Diamondback upper so that I can hunt on my vacation. IMO, there's no reason to buy a Grendel for 50 yard shots so buy a barrel that is capable of 300+ yard shooting.
I would stay away from the Beer Creek stuff before shooting. That could be why your groups are so large.

