03-29-2019, 12:53 PM
I was having the same thoughts when i built my first grendel, i had a spare upper receiver from a disappointing 300 BLK and didnt want to invest a lot of money in a barrel in a caliber i didnt know that much about.
I ordered a 20 inch fluted AR stoner barrel from Midway USA , i was a little disappointed with the factory rounds i was getting right at an inch with hornady black box at a 100 yards. Then i tried my first reloads for 6.5 and the combination i came up with just because of what powder i had on hand and i was getting 1.5 incg groups at 300 yards and never looked back.
I ordered a 20 inch fluted AR stoner barrel from Midway USA , i was a little disappointed with the factory rounds i was getting right at an inch with hornady black box at a 100 yards. Then i tried my first reloads for 6.5 and the combination i came up with just because of what powder i had on hand and i was getting 1.5 incg groups at 300 yards and never looked back.

