Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
24 inch Barrel?
#6
Homey Wrote:Bear Creek Arsenal https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com 6.5 Grendel Type 2 Are you looking at a barrel with Rifle Length Gas System. They have one with a right side charging handle I am also looking for some info on the 24 inch barrels My understanding is Stainless steel is better for long range shooting than the 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium barrels I would like some info from the members who are shooting barrels with a 1:8 R twist, 1:9 R twist on the bullet groups they have been getting, I just signed up how could you tell me how do you post a thread on this site.

Skip the bear creek junk period end of story. If your wanting a 24 inch barrel I can only think you want it for max speed and shooting some good distance.

If so. You come out cheaper in the long run going with a custom barrel from shops like PF.

Cheap barrels do nothing but cost you more time and money trying to find a great load. When the higher price i.e. higher grade custom barrel will shoot much better from the start.

And I'm sure others will come along too say they get x groups from their dirt cheap barrel. But I'm sure not one of them can claim to match groups at range that a better i.e. higher priced custom barrel will make.

If your not going past 500 yards for anything then I sujest a 20 inch group buy barrel. Cheap but much better then bear creek.

Hope this helps sir.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
24 inch Barrel? - by sarky - 03-25-2019, 08:28 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by hill37 - 03-25-2019, 09:41 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by sarky - 03-26-2019, 02:38 AM
24 inch Barrel? - by bj139 - 03-26-2019, 04:26 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by Homey - 03-26-2019, 04:59 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by A5BLASTER - 03-26-2019, 09:57 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by snell - 03-27-2019, 12:08 AM
24 inch Barrel? - by Homey - 03-27-2019, 09:03 AM
24 inch Barrel? - by VASCAR2 - 03-27-2019, 08:07 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by rwh - 03-28-2019, 01:04 AM
24 inch Barrel? - by Jeepster18_88 - 03-29-2019, 02:48 AM
24 inch Barrel? - by Hollis - 03-29-2019, 04:48 AM
24 inch Barrel? - by bj139 - 03-29-2019, 03:43 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by FLshooter - 07-06-2019, 06:51 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by LtDan - 07-06-2019, 09:29 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by FLshooter - 07-06-2019, 10:54 PM
24 inch Barrel? - by grayfox - 07-06-2019, 11:44 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)